Training Materials for TIX Personnel
Title IX, effective August 14, 2020, including but not limited to §106.45(b)(1)(iii) and §106.45(b)(10)(i)(D), requires schools' Title IX personnel to be unbiased and free from conflicts of interest. Title IX personnel include the Title IX coordinator, any investigator, any decision-maker, and any person who facilitates an informal resolution. Pursuant to the aforementioned Title IX sections, Notre Dame Office of Institutional Equity Title IX personnel will incur training on, but not limited to, the following:
- Title IX's definition of "sexual harassment"
- The scope of Notre Dame's education program or activity
- Title IX's definition of "formal complaint"
- Dismissal of a formal complaint
- Title IX's definition of "actual knowledge"
- Title IX's scope of "emergency removal"
- Requirements of grievance process
- Requirements of notice of allegations
- How to investigate a formal complaint
- How to conduct hearings
- How to conduct appeals
- How to conduct informal resolutions
- How to serve impartially
Additionally, Decision-makers must receive training on any technology to be used at a live hearing, and on issues of relevance of questions and evidence, and Investigators must receive training on issues of relevance in their formation of an investigative report.
Trainings which Office of Institutional Equity personnel have undergone include:
- "Wait - The New Title IX Rules Apply to Employees?" presented by the University of Vermont Continuing & Distance Education
- "Before the New Title IX Rules Drop" presented by Husch Blackwell
- "ATIXA Civil Rights Investigator Certification Course Level One Training" presented by Association of Title IX Administrators ("ATIXA")
- "OCR 100: An Introduction to Federal Civil Rights Protections in Education" presented by the Office for Civil Rights
- "Title IX: The Department of Education's Final Rule on Sexual Harassment" presented by National Association of College and University Attorneys ("NACUA")
- "Complimentary Regulations Webinar" presented by ATIXA via Zoom
- "Final Title IX Regulations and Their Effect on Your Campus" presented by Husch Blackwell
- "Keeping Focus: Reviewing Clery Act Requirements in Light of New Title IX Regulations" presented by The State University of New York ("SUNY")
- "New Title IX Regulations - A Seismic Shift During a Pandemic" presented by Pepper Hamilton
- "A First Look at the New Title IX Regulations: Summary of Key Provisions and Practical Implementation Considerations" presented by Cozen O'Connor
- "The New Title IX Regulations: Policies, Procedures, and Practical Implementation - Putting the Pieces Together by August 14, 2020" presented by Cozen O'Connor
- "The New Title IX Regulations: Investigations and Evidentiary Issues" presented by Cozen O'Connor
- "Title IX Training 2020" presented by Husch Blackwell
- "Digging Deep into the Clery Act and Title Intersections" presented by the Clery Center
- "Workplace Sexual Harassment in Higher Ed: Special Issues" presented by UW-Madison and Hogan, Marren, Babbo & Rose
- "Q & A for Title IX Federal Regulations" presented by ATIXA via Zoom
- "Remote Investigations" presented by EthiSphere
- "Discussing the Title IX Final Rule" presented by American Council on Education
- "Rapid Response Webinar: Understanding the Final Title IX Rule and its Impact" presented by National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
- "New Title IX Regulations - An Overview for College and University Governing Board Members" presented by Bricker & Eckler LLP
- "2020 Title IX Regs Overview: Commitment Beyond Compliance for Colleges and Universities" presented by ATIXA
- "Handling Complaints under the New Title IX Regulations" presented by Mathis, Marifian & Richter, Ltd.
- "Rapekits" presented by Sexual Assault Kit Initiative ("SAKI") Training and Technical Assistance ("TTA")
- "The Impact of Title IX Regulations on Faculty and Employees" presented by Husch Blackwell
- "Serving LGBTQIA+ Children and Families in the Multidisciplinary Team Process" presented by Zero Abuse Project
- "Informal Resolution of Title IX Complaints" presented by Title IX Solutions, LLC
- "Restorative Justice Implementation Workgroup" presented by Promoting Restorative Initiatives for Sexual Misconduct ("PRISM") / Restorative Justice Network of Catholic Campuses ("RJNCC")
- "First Steps and Decision Points: Preparing for the New Title IX Reality" presented by University of Vermont - Legal Issues Conference
- "Restorative Justice and Gender Based Violence" presented by the American Bar Association Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice
- "New Regulations, New Procedures: Managing Live Hearings, Cross-Examination and More" presented by University of Vermont - Legal Issues Conference
- "Restorative Justice as a Response to Campus Misconduct" presented by Husch Blackwell
- "2020 Year-End Review" presented by Institutional Compliance Solutions
Note: Interactive links will be added once permission from the copyright holder has been secured. In the meanwhile, all materials may be made available for in-person inspection by scheduling a meeting with the Title IX Coordinator.