Staff Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee to conduct 100 interviews
April 24, 2014
The University of Notre Dame announces the formation of the Staff Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee to create a strategic plan for increasing diversity and deepening inclusion within the staff community.
As part of its work, the Subcommittee will be conducting at least one hundred 30-minute, one-on-one interviews with staff members from across the University. These confidential interviews, to begin in March of 2014, will enable the University to better understand the Notre Dame employee experience.
To achieve its goal, the Subcommittee is seeking examples of these employee experiences. Not only does the Subcommittee seek to hear about instances where inclusion was achieved and the diversity of our staff was utilized to move the mission of the University forward, the Subcommittee also anticipates learning of situations where the University may have fallen short our Core Values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, leadership in mission, and leadership in excellence. Learning about these experiences will help create a dynamic and sustainable strategic plan for a more diverse and inclusive work environment, in alignment with the University’s mission, values, and goals.
The Subcommittee, formed in conjunction with the work being done by the President’s Oversight Committee on Diversity and Inclusion, meets weekly and is comprised of individuals representing various divisions of the University:
Sarah Wake, Director, Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX Coordinator
- Christina Brooks, Advisor, TRiO Programs
- Brian Flaherty, Business & Operations Associate Director, Dean’s Office, Graduate School
- Michael Harrity, Senior Associate Athletics Director
- Rosie McDowell, Director, International Community-Based Learning Outreach, Center for Social Concerns
- Ann Amico Moran, Senior Human Resources Recruiting Consultant, University Relations & Human Resources
- Rudy Reyes Jr., Director of Foundation Relations, University Relations
- Lisa Scott, Auditor, Morris Inn
- Fatimah Stone, Human Resources Consultant
- George West, Coordinator, Game Day Operations
Employees interested in participating in an interview are asked to contact Sarah Wake at email@example.com.